Friday, February 12, 2010
. . .that I may speak words of kindness . . .
I've had some encounters recently with people that really irritate me and get on my nerves. I have very little tolerance for stupidity or people who think/act like they are better than others. This sometimes leaves me speaking of those individuals not very kindly. Which, of course, is not a good thing to do. I know I can't change others, and who knows, those things may forever bother me, but I can change my reaction to it. This will be hard. It's hard to accept that you can't do anything except change how you deal with the same irritating things. But, my goal is to not say anything unkind about anyone for 2 weeks. If I honestly can't think of anything nice to say, I will say nothing. I'm sure Jesus ran into annoying, dumb, and irritating people, but he was always still kind in his thoughts and words. Now, I'm not saying that I'm a horrible gossip or that I'm always talking about people, but I know that I can do better. And I know that as a woman, one of my roles should be to build and lift others up, and it's hard to do that if I'm not always kind in my thoughts and words. I want to be a woman who speaks 'words of kindness that comfort, lift and heal.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment