Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meatballs

I think this is another recipe we got while living in Germany. I don't know how many times I've been asked for this recipe. These meatballs are super simple and make a perfect potluck dish. (This is a double recipe, but if using for your own family, just cut it in half.) Again, this is one I always have memorized (it only has three ingredients), but it is a favorite.

2 pkg frozen meatballs (home style, original or any other flavor you'd like to try)
2 small bottles of BBQ sauce
1 large jar of grape jelly

Yes, you read that right--grape jelly. Sounds weird, but just try it.

Add all ingredients to a large crock pot, stir to mix, and cook on high for 3 hours.

That's it.

I'm sure you could also use homemade meatballs, but as I'm too lazy busy to try that, I use the frozen ones.

With the bags I use, (smaller size meatballs, not the large ones) it usually ends up making about 140 meatballs.






1 comment: