Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Favorite Recipes

(I know it's been a while since my last post, but hey, I'm here now. Don't judge me.) :)

I have family coming into town this weekend and I started thinking about the menu for when they come. I've kind of been in a rut and tend to make the same few things when guests come, but I usually don't have the same people returning very often, so I can get away with serving the same few things. Lame, I know, but there you have it. I wanted to make sure I didn't make the same things I did last time, so I've been looking at other recipes, searching for some online, etc. That led me to finally do something that I've talked about doing for years--organize my recipes.

I was telling my sisters over Christmas how I need to put together my own recipe book with just the recipes that MY family enjoys. I have plenty of recipe books, I'm sure you do, too. I have some family ones, some church ones, 'regular' ones from the store, but I hate having to track down the one or two recipes that I might like in each book . . . so I rarely do. Also, I have my recipe box and various emails with recipes that I like or think that some day I'll try.

While this isn't a book, I thought I could start keeping track of the recipes that I really like here on my blog. I'll have to find some way of keeping track and organizing them (I'm not used to tagging or anything fancy, so we'll see what I figure out), but at least I'll have them all in one place.

And if any of you have a REALLY good recipe that you would like to share, pass it on and it may make it on here. . . eventually. :)

**Disclaimer- For those of you who read this blog (all 2 of you), I make no claim that any of the food posted on this site is meant to be healthy. Some of it may be, much of it probably won't be. That is the risk you take if you decide to try one of the recipes.

**Disclaimer #2- The first disclaimer, and this one as well, could sound much more legal and official if Todd helped me come up with something, but I'm really not that motivated to make it sound really clever.

2 comments:

  1. You are funny. I like your disclaimers :)

    I agree, it's frustrating sometimes to try and dig out the recipes you like from each book. Another good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to try some of our family recipes . . . "tried and true" . . . . (but probably not healthy either! I've changed my eating habits!) this is our recipe blog:

    http://tina-ourfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/

    Glad you are blogging again!!!

    ReplyDelete